Wednesday, March 13, 2013

So My Life Is A Little Stressful At Times...

My life being a little stressful at times has been the understatement of the century....at least for the past 2 years. Just when everything starts getting back to our new "normal" something else happens.

The weekend recap - Saturday....Mom and Dad moved things out of my dad's mom's house because she has been placed in a permenant room at the nursing home. Then on Sunday - we decided to be lazy, weren't all feeling the greatest and all were exhausted from moving the day before so we decided to be lazy. Until I got a text that morning from Nana telling to me to "call now". This turned into Jackie answering the phone with...."First I want you to know that she's ok, that everything's going to be ok" (Yeah that is the beginning to a freak out). Nana was transported to Biloxi Regional Hospital Sunday morning and they thought it was her gallbladder and were going to do surgery. This turned into me, mom, and Jayden getting dressed and throwing clothes in suitcases faster than we could process what was going on and what we were going to need. To make a long story short, my mom ended up catching a flight down and staying there until Monday when the surgeon felt like she was at least strong enough to get back to Atlanta for surgery. (HUGE blessing....she could have been down there for weeks!!) I have been told that the best part of Nana's hospital room was that she was on the 6th floor and had a perfect ocean view....

At this point - Nana is checked into Piedmont Hospital and awaiting scheduling of her surgery. We don't know how long she's going to be there or how the surgery will be performed. The radiation and chemo that she went through last year may prevent her from being able to do the laprascopic version and force them to cut her open. The recovery time could be a while.

My family is becoming all too familiar with these "emergency medical situations" and handling the just go with the flow attitude of hospitals and doctors. To a point where it's almost scary. Up until 2 years ago I had fairly healthy family members...I am now missing the best grandfather that ANYONE could ever have because of cancer....have done chemo and radiation with Nana....heart malfunctions....and now gallbladder surgery. I know my poor mother is ready for a break and I speak for everyone when saying that I think we could all go for some normal right about now!

I think I will take my own advice..... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment